Saturday, December 05, 2009

Cullen Update....

Cullen had his adenoids out last Tuesday morning. It went well. The Dr. came out and told us that he had a lot more adenoid tissue that he saw in the office, so well over 80% was blocking his airway. This just reassured us that we did the right thing! It wasn't very fun to watch him come off the anesthesia, but once we were home he slept for only a couple hours (the Dr. said they usually sleep more than normal) not Cullen! And it was a very up and down afternoon. One minute he was dancing and the next he was crying and wanting to be held.... I definitely felt very torn that day between the 2 kids (Jeff had to study) which normally I feel I balance between them fairly well, when one is sick, that one needs a lot more TLC! Since then we have had nothing but horrible nights with Cullen! What a change for Jeff and I, he use to sleep through the night and now he is up, not always coming out of his bed, but yelling and crying. Sometimes it is once and sometimes it is four times. So I only hope for this to get better! (Could it get worse?) We do notice a bit of a change in his breathing, but we will have to do some exercises to help him LEARN how to now breath through his nose, which he has never done!
So, that's that. Have a good weekend everyone!
You'll be hearing from me around next Tuesday when my baby, Parker turns ONE!!!!! AHHHHH! That went too fast and its a bit emotional for me, however I am very thankful that he is growing and healthy! All for now!
(Pictures Later!)

No comments: