Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas sure came fast this year and now it is already over. We had such a fun, busy two days with all of our families. Cullen did so good at church on Christmas eve and stayed up with a smile on his face until 10:00pm that night. Christmas day was a little bit of a longer day since we were on the move since 9am until 9pm! The most fun part about Christmas this year was Cullen opening his gifts and having it be about the kids playing and family together. We are so thankful for what 2008 has brought us and couldn't be more blessed with Parker in our lives now.



A new sled for Cullen.


After church on Christmas Eve.


Parker's "First Christmas"


Christmas Eve night at Gma and Papa Nords house.


After each piece of wrapping paper Cullen ripped off he had to crumple it up into a ball and throw it...it took a while :) I think his favorite gift was a new kitchen that Santa brought to Gma and Papa's.


Parker sleeping through opening Santa's gifts...I love when he smiles while sleeping.


Christmas Day...Santa came to our house AND gma and papa nords...Parker looking at Papa


Unfortunately we do have some sad news...Our Christmas ended and the next day I found our older of the two dogs, Keystone, in the garage in distress. We ended up having to put him down cause he had a large tumor on his heart that had pushed its way over and collapsed one of his lungs. He was Jeff's dog to start out, but ended up being a true companion to our family and we will miss having him around. He was going to be 11 years old in February and we are just thankful he is not in pain anymore and lived a good life. I think Bella, (our other golden retriever) is going to take it the hardest. She seems sad and confused, but will hopefully cheer up eventually.

5 comments:

Cassidy Bina said...

Sorry to hear about Keystone, you didn't tell me about that when we talked today!
I am sure Bella will need some TLC with out her. Glad you had a good Christmas, I love the pictures. It was good to catch up with you today!!
Maybe Herbie will have to come over for play dates to keep Bella busy!!!
Love, Cassidy

Carrie Serna said...

Glad to see you all are doing well with little Parker seeming to be fitting in well! I'm sorry to hear about Keystone :(

Unknown said...

Dad told me about Keystone. I know he was frustrating sometimes but he was a good puppy and will be missed. I work tom. and tues but I'll talk to you sometime this week. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Easton got a kitchen this year too!!! It's a toss-up between that and the train table on which one is his favorite!! Parker is so darn cute!!.....I love the sleeping smile too! I just wonder what they are dreaming about!! So sorry about your pup....and what a horrible time to have it happen...I hope your other dog will adjust quickly...thats always so sad!!
Take Care!
Lindsey L

Bachman Blog said...

So sorry about your dog....I know they become part of the family. Had a great time last night, see you soon.